On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at a Regular Church Business meeting, our community voted to recieve Dr. Tom Stocks as our Interim Preacher. We welcome Tom, and we thank those on the Transition Team who discerned God's Spirit leading Tom and our church together.
Below is a bio for Rev. Dr. Tom Stocks. You can also see his welcome video (click) here.
· Married 1982 to Paula Hagaman of Boone, NC. She is a third grade school teacher for Roanoke County schools.
· Daughters – Lindsey Rachel born 1989 (Masters of Social Work Graduate - Radford University. Employed by New River Valley Community Services)
Ashley Margaret born 1992 (Graduating Radford – May 2014, Production Technology)
· 2008 – present - Field Strategist for the Ridge Valley Region, Deacon Training Specialist, Virginia Baptist Mission Board, Richmond, VA
(Job Description: trains and assists local church search committees in filling staff positions. Helps church leaders develop strategies for church growth and church health. Serves to relate, resource and refer pastors and lay leadership in the Valley Region of the Baptist General Association of VA. Specialist in Deacon training.
· 1989 – 2008 Sr. Pastor of Rosalind Hills Baptist Church of Roanoke, VA
· 1986 – 1989 Consultant / Baptist Men’s Department of the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina
· 1984 – 1986 Journeyman Missionary with Foreign Mission Board to St. Lucia (West Indies)
· Doctor of Ministry – Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond (2001)
· Master of Divinity – Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (1986)
· Master of Sociology – Appalachian State University (1982)
· Bachelor of Arts – Mars Hill College (1980)
· Certified Christian Leadership Coach – Valwood Christian Coaching Institute
· Certification in Critical Incident Stress Management - Federal Bureau of Investigation
· Basic Certification as Police Chaplain – International Conference of Police Chaplains
HOBBIES / INTERESTS:
· Police Chaplain Roanoke County Police Department
· Golf and handball
· Mailing: 5731 Arcturus Drive SW Roanoke, VA 24018
· Telephone: Home (540) 772-4573, cell (804) 921-2937, Office (804) 915-5011, Toll free (800) 255-2428 ext. 5364
· Email address: email@example.com